The best thing you can dip a raw vegetable in, period.
Now is the time to fill your market basket with all those summer vegetables you can’t get your hands on the rest of the year. If crunchy lemon cucumbers, fairytale-esque patty pan squash, funky romanesco, pretty purple spring onions, and sweet snap peas and baby carrots fill your crisper, make a batch of this creamy, zesty, tarragon-forward take on Green Goddess dressing and dip away.
Makes 2 1/4 cups
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (we like Sir Kensington’s)
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 cup lightly packed parsley leaves
- 1 cup lightly packed tarragon leaves
- 4 green onions, white and light green parts coarsely chopped
- 2 oil-packed anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, parsley, tarragon, onions, anchovies, garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the sour cream and process just until blended. Transfer to a serving bowl or storage container.
Store It: The dip will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.