The word “spritz” just sounds refreshing, don’t you think?
If you’ve made this poached rhubarb and some syrup remains, it’s cocktail time. Infused with tarragon, vanilla, and the intoxicating essence of rhubarb, that syrup is liquid gold, and it pairs perfectly with floral St. Germain.
Makes 1 cocktail
- 1 ounce St. Germain
- 1 ounce syrup from Rosé-Poached Rhubarb with Tarragon and Vanilla
- 3 ounces dry sparkling wine
- 2 ounces soda water
- Elderflowers, rose petals, or other edible flowers, for garnish
- Fill a wine glass with ice. Pour in the St. Germain and syrup and stir. Top with the sparkling wine and soda water.
- Garnish with flowers and serve.